Vacancy - Business Development Manager
Job Position: Business Development Manager and Senior Authorised Person
This position has now been filled. Thank you to all those who sent in their applications.
Due to the ongoing expansion of the business and our services, we have the below vacancy at Eden for the development and delivery of private networks maintenance.
- Formal training and experience in the following areas: Emergency First Aid, Senior Authorised Persons course with recent refresher (within last 3 years).
- BSc and or HND in Electrical Engineering.
- A good working knowledge of Electricity at Work Regulations, High Voltage Distribution Safety Rules, CDM Regulations and general Health and Safety legislation is required.
- DNO or Private Networks experience.
- Strong background in technical sales in the electrical Industry.
- Evidence of achieving sales targets.
- Strong background in electrical projects incorporating HV/LV infrastructure.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of project finance, budgeting, cost estimating.
- Advanced IT skills including Microsoft Excel and Project.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment and collaborate with colleagues and partners to ensure pristine delivery of service.
- Knowledge of business practices and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Problem solver and solution provider for clients.
- Ambitious but ethical, trustworthy and loyal.
- Based in Chatham (ME5 8UD) and travel covers the UK.
- Assist with organising, communicating with and growing the existing sales and marketing function.
- Develop and secure business relationships with existing customers.
- Indirect and Direct Business Development.
- Develop relationships and Service Level Agreements with industry partners to drive growth.
- Research and understand the competition and evolving marketplace in which Eden operates.
- Provide the Management Team with help and support to continue the development and expansion of the business.
- Creation of tenders and quotations for new sales enquiries.
- Contract review/negotiation.
- Monitor contract performance.
- Negotiate commercial agreements/settlements with clients to ensure invoicing queries and bad debts are minimised.
- Provide advice and assistance in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of modifications to existing processes, systems, and procedures.
- Represent the organisation at various business meetings.
- Production of switching schedules and carrying out switching on a large variety of private HV networks on commercial, industrial, construction and various government agency sites.
- Switching, testing, commissioning, fault diagnosis and maintenance of high and low voltage networks up to 33kV.
- Preparation and briefing of risk assessments and method statements for installation and maintenance tasks.
- Ability to take the lead in fault location activities.
- Familiarity with a variety of HV switchgear, transformers and associated cabling systems.
- Basic fault diagnosis and testing of HV/LV protection schemes. Working knowledge of the various components of a typical protection scheme and their inter-connection.
Remuneration and Benefits
- Fair salary - index linked to Retail Price Index (RPI) as a minimum.
- Generous overtime scheme.
- Company Car.
- Meals when away from base.
- 5% non-contributory pension after 6 months.
- Fully paid private health cover for employee and dependents.
- Company phone.